[DML] Re: Getting a Title

machaira2001,

See if she could either find the LAST registration papers,or if
allowed see if you can find it in the car(look everywhere in the
car,even in the trunk,and above the sun visors,cubby holes,etc. and
see
if the any registration of the Delorean is in there no matter how old
it is,as it is a acceptable form to use for transfer of the car to
the
next owner..or at least that is how it is done here in Connecticut.
Also look on the Plate(if still there at the expiration sticker..
that
will tell you when it last was registered also look at the emissions
sticker,copy the numbers and present that to DMV and see if anything
comes up,if you find old traffic tickets or repair bills(in the car)
follow those up,you might get lucky and find the registration plate
numbers on there with expiration,to follow up on.
*******CAUTION********
BE EXTRA careful with that type of car as the reason the title
is "lost" is because the next of kin does NOT want to go through the
expense of Probate courts,and or the car may not be legally theirs to
sell,so it's possible even if you bought the car from her(them),that
the courts may take it back(FROM you) to be given to the rightful
next of Kin.
And YOU lose out on what you dished out.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "machaira2001" <machaira2001@...>
wrote:

> I have a question. I've found the prefect DMC for me, however the
hold
> up is that, it was the lady's father's and he died and she doesn't
have
> a title. No state around here has any record of it. Is there some
way
> you know of to speed this along?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional