Re: [DML] Coil in Fuel Line to Prevent Collapse?

Re: [DML] Coil in Fuel Line to Prevent Collapse?

That mod has become a bit redundant with the new cheaper reproduction
hoses that don't collapse. However I found an easier way of achiving the
same result, having struggled to find an appropriate spring.

Get at least a 2' length of a studding (ie threaded rod) - over here I
use M10 because we're metric but it's not important what thread :-) As
long as it's slightly smaller than the ID of the hose.

Coil mig-wire tightly around the rod to approx 2'

Insert the hose over the rod, and allow the mig wire to spring out
inside it. Remove rod leaving the perfect copper coated coil inside it.

Martin

Shannon wrote:

> This past weekend I was on a road rallye. After about an hour of
> driving, my car acted like it was having problem getting gas - it
> started missing. I suddenly remembered this had happened years ago
> after a parade. I think the problem is the gas tank getting hot and the
> pickup line collapsing because of the heat. I had half a tank of gas
> but I stopped and filled up anyway. The problem went away. I remember
> somebody coming up with an idea of inserting a coil inside the fuel
> line to keep it from collapsing. Can someone post the information on
> that again - the type and length of coil and installation instructions?
> I suppose the heat shield would work too but I'd like to try the coil.
>
> Shannon
> VIN 16113

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional