[DML] Re: ELECTRICS OF THE DRIVERS SEATBELT

[DML] Re: ELECTRICS OF THE DRIVERS SEATBELT

Hi Mike,

Yes, your post came through a moment after I posted my explanation.
I apologize, I should have added that information rightaway in my
first reply.
There are a lot of things needing to look after since those years QA
was not exactly what it should have been. Nowadays this car would
proabably have been returned to a service corner for refitting etc.

BTW If you still have your original coil and spark plug wiring: pay
attention to that to. I replaced my car's coil with a Pertronix
Flamethrower and high performance wiring (8.5mm 50 Ohm/feet) and
maybe it's a suggestion but my car feels more lively now.

Have a nice and safe driving weekend.

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike clemens <rmclemns@...> wrote:

> Hi Welmoed,
>
> Yep, that's exactly where I found it.  Did you see my
> last post as to the my other findings, especially the
> part about the pinched wire.  Even after 25 years, you
> can still find little things that were missed by the
> factory.  Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Mike   TPS    1630
>

> --- welmoedj <joe.dalton@...> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > When I was looking for that connector, I found it
> > after removing the
> > tray at the rear of the console, on top of the body,
> > near the board
> > behind the driver's seat.
> > However I forgot to note the colors. As the other
> > connectors it's a
> > yellowish/white one (time does that to plastic).
> > I found it by following the wires from the seat belt
> > clip leading
> > under the carpet to the rear end of the body near
> > that board and
> > going up there.
> > You should be able to find it there without removing
> > anything.
> > If you think you have it, use both hands to feel it
> > move when you
> > pull the other end.
> >
> > Welmoed.
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike clemens
> > <rmclemns@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Welmoed,
> > >
> > > Yes, I fully understand how the seat belt circuit
> > > works.  I just can't figure out were the mate to
> > the
> > > seat belt connector is located.

who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)