[DML] Re: Quick Headliner Fix

I would only recommend thumbtacks as a temporary measure,as I  had
seen one with thumbtacks,and it looked really crappy with
thumbtacks,especially on the doors,since of course when you have the
doors open they really show,and cheapen the look of the car,if the
original fabric is in good shape with a little cleaning it can be
reused,(or at least save it to get a color match for the new fabric)
or you can substitute it with vinyl or even Leather can be used
instead of fabric(of a matching color).I had seen one car that the
owner even put LCD screens in place of the door headliners..on both
doors!! when the doors were fully in the opened position,he basically
had pop-up LCD screens for spectators to watch on both sides of the
car...really cool.

Claude

  --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Thumbtacks. Use the flat-headed ones so you don't knock them loose.
> You will not be able to reglue easily without completely removing
the
> fabric and getting off all of the old glue and foam from the
> cardboard. With that much work you might just as well glue new
fabric
> on. The problem is the origional fabric had foam attached which was
> glued to the backer. Over time the foam disintegrates and the fabric
> detaches. Figure on doing all three pieces.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: