From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ryan Wright
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:45 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] how long will battery last w/ no alternator

David,

No, you won't make it. Not even close, don't try.

Are you even remotely mechanically inclined? Changing the alternator
on a DeLorean is a very easy job. We can walk you through it. I
guarantee you it will be many times easier than trying to drive that
car 250 miles as it sits. Honestly - this is not difficult. Couple of
17mm sockets, a few odds and ends and an hour of your time, tops.
Seriously. It's one of the easiest jobs you can do.

I'm telling you, the fact that you're even considering limping this
car 250 miles tells me you're more than capable of replacing an
alternator. You'll be damned proud of yourself after you do it, too.
Why spend 6 hours getting up there (Yeah, I know it's only a 3.5 hour
drive. It's a 6 hour drive without an alternator) when you can just
spend an hour in your garage, instead? Maybe two, max, given your
inexperience.

So, what do you say? If I was there I'd come help you but I'm not, so
I can only help remotely. This truly is easy. You can do it.

-Ryan

On 9/6/07, daviddlasvegas <daviddlasvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to try to make it the 3.5 hour drive to the shop to get my
>  alternator repaired. The alternator is putting out no power, so the
>  car is running off the battery 100%. If I am driving the car with no
>  accessories on, no a/c, and no lights, should the battery fully
>  charged last 3.5 hrs / 250 miles or am I going to get stuck?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: