Re: [DML] key Ignition popped out

If you're talking about the key cylinder, then it
could be one of two things.  The cylinder is held
inside the locking mechanism which fastens to the
steering column by two bolts.  When originally put
together, there is a steel pin (about 1/8th inch in
diameter by 1/2 inch long.  This is press fitted into
the locking mechanism and protrudes into a groove in
the cylinder, allowing the cylinder to rotate.  In
most cases, the pin is not visible since it is flush
with the outside surface and then painted.

Either the pin broke (not very likely), allowing the
cylinder to come out, or the pin wore the groove so
badly that it allowed the cylinder to come out.  If
you could provide some pictures, then we can determine
if it is fixable.  They are rebuildable, but only by
someone who doesn't charge a whole lot for their time,
IE: the owner or some old retired guy.

Mike   TPS   1630

--- R Holden <royceholden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Today, I went to start the Delorean and it would not
> turn,  I then proceeded to take out the key, and the
> whole key ignition came out!  Any ideas on how to
> get
> it back in?
>
> I'm pretty sure that this happened because I hold on
> to the steering wheel when getting in to the
> Delorean,
> which presses down on the steering wheel and column.
>
> Or could it be from something else?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Royce
>
> Royce Holden