[DML] Re: A question about our vendors, with my DMA hat on.

[DML] Re: A question about our vendors, with my DMA hat on.

Hi Marc

Speaking for DMC Midwest and not all vendors...

We steer local customers and walk-ins to the Midwest and Mid-States
clubs. Julee routinely asks new people we meet if they are aware of
the clubs (memo to Rich - need more handouts!). This is especially
important to walk-ins - we get visitors who are just curious, and I
do believe that in addition to a strong dealer network, the
perception of a strong local club is often a consideration to someone
looking to buy a car and join the cult.

I have sold two cars shipped to the east coast, and in both cases
made sure to provide information on the DMA and Maryland clubs (memo
to Maryland  - your website is down!).

I'm often surprised that there are a large group of people who are
not really interested in club activities though. Some people just are
not the "clubby" type. I actually have a couple of customers who
don't routinely access the internet.

If clubs are interested we'd be more than happy to have a stack of
handouts in the showroom and to send out appropriate handouts with
parts shipments. I'm not very artistic, and we're both pretty busy so
you really need to provide us your info in as easy a form to handle
as possible.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> I know everyone here is used to my rants, offering my
> unpopular opinions on just about everything.  So why
> not add another to the list?
>
> Although I am speaking from my experiences as an
> officer of DeLorean Mid-Atlantic (DMA), For the
> purposes of this discussion I ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF,
> AND NOT THE CLUB, IT'S MEMBERS, OR OFFICERS.
>
> ---")
>
> With all of the support the club gets from these
> vendors, I find it odd that I continue to run in to
> DeLorean owners who have no idea that there are any
> DeLorean clubs.  That is true even for the 2 DeLoreans
> "in the wild" that I spotted just this past week in
> San Diego.
> --->
> So, I pose this question to the vendors:  Can you
> assist us in recruiting more members?  I would not
> object to some reasonable "checklist", such as having
> insurance and bylaws, to get recognition in a way that
> lets your customers know we exist.  Maybe you can
> include a list of these clubs with all invoices sent
> out?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: