From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
delorean_3
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 1:10 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: New Delorean

Speaking of the target audience that the car is being marketed to, I have
seen quite a few comments both in the DeLorean community and the general
public about "sticker shock" and unaffordability. I have Hagerty car
insurance on my D and they actually have loan programs for classic cars,
people who intend to spend 50K and more that go for 8,9, even 10 years long.
I'm wondering if DMCH has any kind of plans to help (read: inform) people
with incomes that might be slightly out of the 57K plus range? It has been
my experience that most DeLorean owners are average "blue collar" workers
who may not have the kind of cash flow to just drop 50 big ones in one buy.
I know when I bought my car (even realizing I didn't spend anywhere close to
57K) that I had to finance the car for several years and worked my tail off
to get it paid. At the time I really wasn't making enough to warrant
purchasing my car, but it was my dream to own one so I made it happen.  I'm
thinking if they put some kind of information like that with their press
releases or on their site, etc, it might help encourage some who might be on
the fence on the issue of buying/not buying a D. Just a thought...

Jack
VIN2728

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "drhdmc1" <drhaney@...> wrote:

> I was taking a group of co-workers out to the parking garage to see my
> car yesterday when a stranger in the elevator heard us discussing the
> car.
>
> This gentleman was very excited because he had just found out that a
> company in Houston was going to be manufacturing the car again! Since
> he was one of those bicycle delibvery guys I am fairly certain he did
> not have the funds to buy one but the maketing campaign is certainly
> working. I'm interested to see if this generates serious sales numbers!
>
> Dan Haney
> vin 3254

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings: