From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Matthew Cooley
Sent: Fri 8/24/2007 4:49 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; matthew.spittle@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Sight glass coolant tank

Please find my remarks embedded within.

On 8/23/07, Matt Spittle <matthew.spittle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John *IS* the last independent DeLorean vendor, sir,

NO. He is NOT the last or only independent DeLorean vendor. What about
Bryan Pearce and his stainless frame? What about Heninger and
Associates? As far as that goes Josh Haldeman, by definition, is a
DeLorean vendor.

>  and he does a
>  HELL of a lot for our tiny community of cars.  Why do you have to
>  badmouth him on the list?

Why did he attack Dave T.? Why does Mr. Hervey have to lie to us about
being the last independent vendor??

>Do you realize that he's the only person
>  selling us certain NEW parts for our DeLoreans?  While DMCH sells you
>  stuff with 25 year old rubber, he tracks down the NEW stuff so you
>  don't break down.

The whole "25 year old rubber" line is getting real old. The only
complaint about old parts I have ever heard of has been windshields.
Yes, I am sure they have become so big and successful by selling us
old, worn out parts.

>There are some parts that aren't available anywhere
>  else except for him.

And there are some parts he doesn't carry, for that matter there are
some parts that aren't available anywhere.(Headlight switches)

>  DMCH won't even sell to him.  They've blacklisted him.

And why exactly have they "blacklisted" him? Maybe they don't want to
be associated with him. It is well within DMCH's rights to do business
with whomever they choose.

>And yet he
>  continues to provide the community with *NEW* parts even at that cost
>  (and as I recall, he DOES own a DeLorean).

Last time I checked DMCH owned a DeLorean or two also.

>  How would you like to be blacklisted from DMCH?

I wouldn't mind that at all. I haven't bought anything from them in
ten years anyway.

>He is the FIRST
>  vendor to provide a sight glass on a coolant tank, and I'm going to be
>  having mine retrofitted, as a matter of fact.  Where is your coolant
>  sight glass?

Always a good come back. "Where is yours?" Yes, every time someone
criticizes something they should have there own. Makes alot of sense.
But, since you asked, I have successfully retrofitted a handful of
local DeLoreans with something that makes even more sense. Lets face
it, if you are too lazy to take the cap off and check it while the car
is cool what are the chances you will raise the engine cover and look
at the sight glass? (A sight glass, that in my opinion, looks like it
belongs on one of the Back to the Future clones and not on an everyday
DeLorean.)

What I have done is install a sensor in the bottom of the stainless
tank that senses low coolant level. The best part is it is hardly
noticeable, very reliable and can be made to do any number of things.
The owners around here have chosen to do the following with the sensor
on their respective cars. Some have it wired to a light in the dash.
Some have it wired to a small buzzer. And one has it wired to kill the
engine if the level gets too low. If you are interested I will be
offering these retrofitted tanks soon. ( Damn, that will make me a
DeLorean vendor too.)

>  I would encourage you to see if you can find any other vendors selling
>  the same large and unique inventory, coupled with 9-9 7-day a week
>  phone support.

In the past I have found PJ Grady to have anything we ever needed in
stock as well as being available for over the phone technical support
at all reasonable hours.

>  I am ashamed that you would post a message like this.  So what if John
>  wants to plug his products when he gives tech advice?

What about when he doesn't give tech advice, just posts a link to a
page in his site?

>He'd like to
>  have food to eat, too.

Don't give me that crap. We are all in some form of business or
another. All of us like to eat.

>What about the hundreds of calls that he gets
>  when people just want advice, and don't buy anything?  You won't find
>  that kind of service anywhere else, sir.

PJ Grady

>  I'm ashamed that you had the unmitigated audacity to post your message.

And I am ashamed that you embarrassed yourself so much in the reply to
my message. And why did you single me out? Peter Cameron responded in
almost the exact same way, yet you aren't ashamed of him?

>  Matt
>  ***Supporting the last independent DeLorean parts vendor***

Matthew Cooley
*** One of the last independent DeLorean Vendors***
Website: Coming soon...

[MODERATOR NOTE: Gentlemen, please end your argument or I shall end it for you.  Polite or not, this name calling serves no purpose.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)