[DML] Re: Problem when filling the gas tank

[DML] Re: Problem when filling the gas tank

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@...>
wrote:

> Strangely enough, I have this same problem on my wife's Jeep too!
It's always been a pain
> on the DeLorean for me, but I found that it only happens on gas
nozzles that have those
> Vapor Recovery sheaths on them that cover the entire metal nozzle.
The ones that look
> like this:
>
> http://www.healysystems.com/images/400orvr.jpg

<snip>
This is always a problem for motorcycles too, but I found this
solution:

www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/E-Z-Fill-Nozzle-Key-p-17026.html

It's $8.00 and works well.  Also, on the D, I found that I have to
keep the base of the nozzle (the part where the hose attaches)
pointed towards the front of the car.  If the nozzle points off to
the side, it will click off almost immediately.  The vapor recovery
nozzles are mandatory in California and some other areas also, I
believe (Specifically Robert, I think they are required in Las Vegas
now).  I always thought they were just another idiotic government
requirement that just cost us extra money, but several years ago I
found out differently.  On a trip in Ohio, when I stopped to get
gas, the smell was so strong I thought I had a leak or had spilled
some fuel.  Instead, it was just what happened without the nozzles
to contain the vapors.  I'm a believer now.

Dave

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: