[DML] Re: Antenna

With the recent antenna posts, I figured I'd mention my experience.  I
replaced my stock retractable, rear antenna with this:
http://store.teptronics.com/ln46.html

It has a stianless steel mast, so it doesn't match the stock color (but
I actually like the stainless color better).  The one thing I'm not
nuts about is it's length.  It's like a fishing pole (alright, not
quite...but it is long) which is probably why I get great reception!  I
was able to use the stock mounting bracket, but had to grind a bigger
hole into it to accomodate a wider mast housing.  You may also need to
bend the bracket a bit to align the mast with the mast cutout in the
air inlet grille.  As with most other replacements I've seen, you'll
need to cut the antenna relay out of the wiring setup (easy job) as the
antenna contains its own relay.

Anyway, if you're thinking about a replacement, this one is a bargain
at $18.  For that money, you might as well try it out.

-Glenn
5391

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional