[DML] Museum

Under the heading of `nobody asked you':
I have been reading the thread about a physical museum located within
the states.
My vote is for a museum right here:  Inside the Internet.
Now before we get out the matches for the `07 DeLorean flame wars?
All the auto museums I have ever visited have the odd rules that I
can't drive, sit, or even touch the exhibits.  What would be the
difference if the DeLorean museum was online?  Open 24 hours, no need
for a ticket, nobody has to sit and make sure the visitors don't put
the gum in odd places.  The advantages are significant - all original
documents would be safely locked in vaults, all physical cars would
be available for auto shows, a true `movable museum'.  Some museums
have movies about their cars, well that can be done online.  How
about a tour?  That can also be done online.  Historic documents?
Again, online - scanners are a wonderful invention.

What I see happening is that this could easily devolve into is a
wasteful turf war.
I can see it now?
The field of battle (eBay)?
May the deepest pockets win!

Instead -
Save your dough, pool your resources, enjoy life.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)