Re: [DML] Re: New Delorean production....

Re: [DML] Re: New Delorean production....

As much as I hate to give any credibility to CBL....

The talk that was given at the DOC 2006 event at lotus
seemed to indicate that Lotus was getting paid a lot
of money for not much work..

I think it was Colin Spooner who led the discussion,
and I remember a specific story about moving all of
the Lotus stuff off of theirs desks and the DMC back
on when they got visits from DeLorean management...
so it looked like they were working on the DeLorean,
but were not.

To me, he was saying the DeLorean money was used to
"save" Lotus because the DMC engineering deal was very
profitable for them.

I think there were people taking video of this
presentation, and wonder why it has not made it's way
in to the DeLorean community yet...  A little peeve of
mine. :)

--- delornut <delornut@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> When DMC realized they need to hire the engineering
> expertice to go
> from concept to production they approached Porsche
> but they
> determined they would need at least two years to get
> things to the
> production stage. Investors, including the British
> government, were
> pressuring DMC for a return on their money. Lotus
> felt that by
> utilizing some of their already proven mechanical
> designs they could
> get the car to the production level in a year. Lotus
> already owned
> the rights to their VARI moulding process (vacuum
> assist resin
> injection) for the plastic under body and they could
> get things
> rolling with these already proven items rather than
> continued
> experimenting with DeLoreans early idea. Where you
> came up with "cash
> cow" and the rest of your scenario insinuating Lotus
> dupped DeLorean
> is beyond me but it just wasn't so.
>
> Bruce Benson

that gives answers, not web links.