[DML] Re: New Delorean production....

The ONE thing that HAS to change *MUST CHANGE* on a new production
Delorean is the BRITISH SPEC. wiring harness...if there is one thing
that brings the Delorean down to being known as a POS in the world of
Cars...(in all factors including the BTTF Movies)it is that Damn
troublesome POS wiring harness...it MUST...and I mean IT HAS with a
BIG POINT on this....to BE BROUGHT up to American SPEC....2007/08
levels...without that...it will just be a new/old version of the same
old grief..with the same old melting/burning/fire hazard/old
gremlins/no start/no run/wiring harness,that we all have known and
have a love/hate relationship with.

CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wilson Hitchings" <canon20dfan@...>
wrote:

> OK OK I see the light. Don't change the Delorean too much (like
> fiberglass/painted exterior). The SS is part of the mystique of the
> car, just like the gull-wing doors...
>
> HOWEVER, I still can't get a limited production of a NEW car out of
> my head. If you use Toyota engines, current-day fuel economy and
> emission issues are solved, are they not? You basically BUY
> compliance with those regulations. Safety? Install an air bag.
>
> You would, of course, update the interior and electronics but that
> can be outsourced, too. In fact, I see many Delorean owners who
have
> installed third-party engine computers and third-party radio/GPS
> displays.
>
> You could even modify the engine mount to install multiple third-
> party engines. I've seen D's with chevy, ford & northstar engines
in
> them. Let the new owner decide!
>
> The Saleen is an example of a limited-run, custom car company.
Their
> cars, however, are over $100,000 each if memory serves. If you
don't
> build a facility meant to make 20,000 cars a year, could it be
done?
> The design is unique enough that I would *hope* demand would be
> there....just a thought. All I need is a few million dollars and my
> dream is a reality...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: