[DML] Re: Just curious - parade participation

[DML] Re: Just curious - parade participation

I hear ya Rich!  The other day I took my car to 7-11 to grab a
slurpee and when I came back outside a 40 some odd year old guy and
his 16 some odd year old son has opened the door and were poking
around the interior.  I was a cop at the time so I decided to give
them a lesson in property rights.  I also had my D's engine steam
cleaned, which was supposed to take 20 min.  I ended up sitting in
their waiting room for an hour while groups of people walked into the
wash bay and plopped into the car.  I poked my head out to see what
was taking so long and boom, right before my eyes somebody took a
seat in the car.  I spent a good amount of time chatting with the
owner of the shop about why the car door was open anyway, when it was
the engine getting cleaned.  I was very unhappy to say the least.
And, the stories go on and on.....
Shane Clarke

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1@...>
wrote:

> Pffft....Are you kidding? I don't know about other parts of the
> country but here in the DC/Baltimore Ghetto-plex, people act like
> Universal Studios is touring a mobile BTTF ride.
>
> At filling stations I've had people walk up, touch, open the doors,
> plop down in the driver's seat, you name it without asking. When I
> dine out, I always park so I can watch the car from inside. When
I'm
> not physically in view, people usually just look in the windows and
> touch it. Everyone just has to touch it.
>
> Granted, -most- people ask first but there's this growing class of
> idiots that think they're "entitled" to a tour. Now the car is no
> longer my daily driver.
>
> Rich A.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wilson Hitchings" <canon20dfan@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand - do you mean people touch the car or actually
> get
> > in it? SURELY they wouldn't sit in it or lift the hood without
> asking,
> > right???
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Heile" <rick.heile@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Regarding parades they went looking for me. One day someone
> followed
> > > me home and asked if I would attend. After that, I guess I am
on
> some
> > > list. Car shows are a bit mixed. My first show was put
togeather
> by
> > > Jason trying to get a few more Ds to show up at the exotic car
> show
> > > held every year. Others I mostly attend if they are close or
> because
> > > of the types of cars that are there. Be prepared to never leave
> your
> > > car at a show since you will have people all over your car for
> the
> > > whole time.
> > >
> > > Rick
> > > 3290