Re: [DML] You *do* drive your Deloreans, don't you?

Re: [DML] You *do* drive your Deloreans, don't you?

Ditto, the same here, except I use an electric platform scooter
(?Xootr? no longer made) to get around in the NYC area.  The Xootr is
foldable and portable and I take it with me everywhere I go and I
combine the usage of the Xootr with the NYC Transit System when I am
not in need of the DeLorean.  At the present, NYC's Mayor Michael
Bloomberg is trying to pass legislation as to charge an $8.00 fee to
drive ?into? and $8.00 ?out of? Manhattan, which may deter me to use
my DeLorean as a daily driver do my chores.

BTW, about seating comfort.  Try a set of wool seat covers for it may
help for they offer several advantages.  When I first brought my
DeLorean some twelve years ago it only had 11,000 and the seat were
still new with NO sagging or bottomed out areas.  I drove my DeLorean
back home (the maiden voyage) which is a straight run from Detroit,
Michigan back to NYC in the rain and snow.  When I left Detroit it
was cloudy and cool and when I got back to NYC it was cool weather,
it ONLY snowed in the long stretch of Route 80 in Pennsylvania.
Anyway, from that drive home I did not like the feel of the seats so
I immediately ordered a sets of "tailored fit" wool seat covers from
DeLorean One (the only vendor who had them in stock at that time).  I
said early that the seat cover has their advantages for they will add
an extra cushion as well as providing a unique "surrounding comfort"
for any weather or the seasons.  The covers will insulate you from
the cold seats in the winter and the hot frying seats in the
summer.   I find the extra cushion helps makes my long distant drives
much more comfortable.  The added bonus with the wool seat covers is
that it becomes the first line of defense to help keep the original
seat covers from additional scoffing and in the wear and tear.

Kayo Ong

Lic.  9D  NY

On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:02 AM, Bart Rupert wrote:

> The DeLorean is my daily driver. If I'm not on the scooter then I
> drive it every day. Life is good :)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: