[DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik@...> wrote:

> For the love of God please don't open your Delorean door while
driving...or even suggest its an option.  Thats horrible advise.

>   Erik
>

> cbl1739 <cbl302@...> wrote:
>           In fact one time when my Delorean AC Mode switch was
screwed
> up,and my AC was not cooling the interior enough,I simply opened
the
> Drivers door and HAD to drive with the door open as it was just TOO
> unbearable in there,even with the Toll booth windows open,I must
> admit the AC in my Bricklin is also not the best either,BUT having
> full opening
> windows,brings plenty of cooling air in the interior,plus with air
> doors...you can "drive" with the doors slightly open,(or in any
> position) since you can stop the doors in any position of the
cycling
> of the opening and closing of the doors,so in other words if you
> wanted to crack open the Brickin doors about one inch or 5
> inches or 12 inches or whatever position to get air circulation
into
> the
> interior,you could do that and DRIVE that way without fear of the
> door opening(or closing) any further,or holding onto the door to
keep
> it in that position.

I did not mean for anybody to drive with their doors open(I was just
making a point) in a Delorean,as it is bad for at least two
reasons...for one it is a very dangerious practice if you get T-
Boned,and you could warp your doors or do Fiberglass damage or even
crack your door window,and if you go over a severe bump..you
could cause your expensive windshield to crack,since the doors when
closed becomes part of the safety cage to protect the occupants in
the car,and also makes the Deloreans safety cage and the rest of the
car rigid.
But in the Bricklin you can drive with the door cracked open without
fear of cracking the windshield,or for worry about being T-boned
since the Bricklin has a VERY VERY massive truck like frame running
the full length of the passenger cabin,(and a full metal safety
cage..ON TOP OF THAT..(making for OVER a foot of thick METAL framing
on the side of the car)...hense the high sill and THE NEED for
gullwing doors,(the Bricklin really needed the Gullwing doors)also
like the Delorean the door has a massive beam(making the door heavy)
inside the door(s) VS the Delorean that has a rather low sill,and no
metal frame(and not really needing Gullwing doors)but has a HDF frame
running the full length of the passenger cabin(not as good)that works
in conjuction with THE CLOSED DOOR(s)!!!! SO no way should you Drive
with the Doors
open,unless it is in a Parade or in your Driveway.

CBL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: