Re: [DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

Re: [DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

For the love of God please don't open your Delorean door while driving...or even suggest its an option.  Thats horrible advise.

  The Delorean will get hot inside during the summer.  More so than other cars.  But if your AC is running properly, you will be ok.  Even when its converted to R134a it will still cool an interior down nicely.

  Any Texas/Florida/(fill in the blank hot spots) care to comment on how hot, or should I say cool,  it is inside a grey or black interior delorean with your AC on and working properly?  I live in Michigan, but we still get multiple HOT days in a row.  I have R134a in my car and the interior (grey) can make my nipples hard.  Even better when my wife is sitting shot gun ;)

  Erik

cbl1739 <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          I Just know that when I drove long distance in a Delorean,my back
hurt,the butt part was just fine,I found that it had to do with being
sandwiched between the high center console and the angle of the door
that infringes into the seating area that made it for a uncomfortable
LONG DISTANCE ride,short rides(under 100 miles) were OK,but when you
are talking 100-300 or more)my back was just killing me.
I just remember on my Black interior Delorean even with the AC
on,sitting on the Leather seats made me sweat,and the fact that you
have no real(full-size) windows to open(for relief) if the AC in a
Delorean is not working top Notch,so that it quickly gets really
Really hot in there,caused by the greenhouse affect by the rather
steeply angled windshield,(the reason why a Delorean interior
becomes "toast" if left parked for a extended time in the sun)and
that is what I felt like sometimes too!!...When driving a Delorean,
and also the SS becoming as hot as a pizza oven,in the summer sun did
not help.In fact one time when my Delorean AC Mode switch was screwed
up,and my AC was not cooling the interior enough,I simply opened the
Drivers door and HAD to drive with the door open as it was just TOO
unbearable in there,even with the Toll booth windows open,I must
admit the AC in my Bricklin is also not the best either,BUT having
full opening
windows,brings plenty of cooling air in the interior,plus with air
doors...you can "drive" with the doors slightly open,(or in any
position) since you can stop the doors in any position of the cycling
of the opening and closing of the doors,so in other words if you
wanted to crack open the Brickin doors about one inch or 5
inches or 12 inches or whatever position to get air circulation into
the
interior,you could do that and DRIVE that way without fear of the
door opening(or closing) any further,or holding onto the door to keep
it in that position.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Hawes" <christopherhawes@...>
wrote:

> I thoroughly disagree with the below comment raised by CBL. I have
driven a
> Mercedes S class over long distances as well as my DeLorean and I
find my
> DMC just as comfortable. Now, maybe it may simply be a case that
it fits my
> 5ft 9.5" body shape spot on but I should be able to obtain a
perfect setup
> in the Merc with the multitude of seat settings available; but the
end
> result is also very good. How many cars built in the 1980's had a
tilt-able
> AND telescopic steering wheel adjustment to enable the PERFECT
driving
> position!
>

> CBL, if you are "sweating" sort your aircon out. DMC aircon when
working as
> it should does as it should!
>

> I find the DeLorean a perfect car for everyday use unless of course
you have
> a lot of luggage/passengers to take. The car isn't expensive to run
> (certainly, compared to the parts/servicing costs of a Mercedes),
fun and
> offers an ownership experience that you will never know if you
don't give it
> a try ;)
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Chris Hawes
>
> Vin 5255 grey, manual.
>

> _____

Behalf Of
> cbl1739
> Sent: 21 July 2007 05:44
> SNIP?Also depending if you do not mind "sweating" and being
uncomfortable
> in a long drive,as the Delorean is no Mercedes when it comes to
> comfort.Vs the Mercedes?
>
> cbl1739

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional