[DML] Re: Hey need help

It's a pretty straightforward swap. Some cautions are:
Try to remove all the fluid you can from the resovoir before removing
the master cylinder. Wipe the resovoir out with alcohol and clean it
up nice, in most cases it has to be reused on the "new" or rebuilt
master cylinder that you will be installing. Be careful and mark
"front". If you put it on backwards it will not allow you to mount the
master cylinder right. In rare cases you will have to adjust the
pushrod. Do not touch it unless you have way too much free-pedal or
the master cylinder can't compensate and the brakes lock up. Very
sensitive, only adjust it 1/16 turn at a time. If the brake system has
not been touched for a long time and the old fluid was very dark and
thick you can figure on replacing the calipers soon too. Flush,
refill, and bleed the clutch too. Always easier to have a helper to
step on the brake pedal to bleed the brakes. Do it twice to be sure
you got all of the air and old fluid out.
David Teitelbaum
viin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Carlos" <carlosd32@...> wrote:

> I need to know the steps for installing a new master brake cylinder.
> Im going to be installing it myself and would like some advice before
> attempting it.
> any advice would be helpful
> thanks

<*> Your email settings: