[DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

[DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

If you can afford the loss or plan on keeping it long term...like say
10-15 years or more get a Delorean...as it will be worth at least
what you paid for it by then..(if you keep it in the same
shape/condition as when you buy it)but by then it should be worth a
lot more than a/that Mercedes.Think...Long term Delorean,short term
Mercedes SL....
Also depending if you do not mind "sweating" and being uncomfortable
in a long drive,as the Delorean is no Mercedes when it comes to
comfort.Vs the Mercedes pampering You with untold Creature Comforts.
Also no matter how you look at it the SL is one hundred times safer
in avoiding a accident and if you do get into a accident,it has so
many safety features,that it should be called a Safety Car.
If you plan short term(like 1-5 years) get the Mercedes as it will
retain it's value QUITE a bit more than the DMCH Delorean,and will be
easier to sell and have a much bigger buyer audience,and you will
also have the benefit of having a 2 seater coupe and a Convertible.
(with full roll down windows)
Versus a 2 seater Gullwing coupe that once you close the door(s) are
sealed off from the outside world,with just a slight opening to the
outside world via the toll booth windows.
Your choice to make,but those are some of the Pros and Con's of
owning a Delorean.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wilson Hitchings" <canon20dfan@...>
wrote:

> First off, let me say despite what my wife says, I've always wanted
> Delorean ever since I saw one. Nothing is more attractive to me,
it's
> just a neato car. While the spousal unit says I've only mentioned
one
> since I saw the BTTF movie rerun on national TV, I remember wanting
> one in college.
>
> Having said that, and currently considering a remanufactured one
from
> DMC Houston, I have a quandary. My bro' sent me an eBay Motors
> listing of a gorgeous 2003 Merc SL-500. I mean the space shuttle
> doesn't have the bells and whistles this car does. I'm not a Merc
fan
> but the Germans sure do build them pretty. And make parts for 'em.
> And this particular one is actually costs the same or less than a
> remanufactured Delorean from DMC.
>
> Had you asked, I would say NO to spending household money on a
large
> Mercedes. Wonderful cars, just not something I've wanted to have;
the
> thought never came to mind.
>
> So (NO FLAMES PLEASE) to all the current "D" owners out
there...TELL
> ME that if I were to buy a "new" Delorean from DMC that I would NOT
> regret sitting in a Delorean rather than a SL-500. I always wanted
> (I'm ashamed to admit it) the curb appeal and the wow factor of a
> Delorean and those spectacular doors...what's a mid-lifer to do?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)