RE: [DML] Re: Car's use of electricty / alternator & battery question

RE: [DML] Re: Car's use of electricty / alternator & battery question

David,
Where would you mount the alternator it wasn't where it is now. If you look
at all the cars that my builder looks at he say's we really have the best
place because the wind going down the street can help cool the alt. Yes we
have road temps, but we still have the wind which most cars don't have
mounted on top of the engine under the hood and all the heat rises. That's
why some manufactures require a temp cut off switch in the alternator now.
I think we have been able to capture the best of all works after 350+
alternators sold in all conditions all over the world.
Small, well vented, inside regulator and diodes, and he has matched up the
right parts to maximize there output in a hot rated rating.
I think the D series of alternators have done very well based on the less
than 1% failure rate per year over 6 years.
John Hervey