[DML] Re: Garage Carpet??

What you want down on your concrete floor is a vinyl floor(Don't use
those 12x12 inch square vinyl ones,they will peel up on concrete!!)
Just go to your local Home Depot or Lowe's and measure out what you
need,just do as below,minus the tarp/plastic. It lays nice and
flat,and keeps the moisture down,and is a very easy cleanup for leaks
or dirt,just get a lighter color one,if you plan on working under the
car,but the choice is yours,YOU DO NOT have to glue it down,just let
it adjust to the garage temperture,roll it out and you are done!! It
is sold by the square yard at 12 feet by whatever lenght you need.
It is cheaper priced than any carpet.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@...> wrote:

> Please follow these basic rules before putting a carpet down in
your
> garage,
>
> Being a Carpenter by trade,I have seen what putting carpet on a
> Concrete slab will do,It will trap moisture from the concrete and
the
> carpet will absorb it like a sponge,and cause all kinds of nasty
air
> borne mold and mildew when you walk on it,and also it is a good
place
> for all kinds of buggers to nest in comfort.The Moisture is
dependent
> of your area and soil,if you have a lot of clay,or history of
> moisture do NOT lay down carpet on your concrete unless you do as
> below.
> First off BEFORE laying down the carpet you should either put down
> very thick plastic or tarp,to keep any moisture from migrating from
> the concrete slab and into the carpet,or use Masonry paint or
> specialty 2 part epoxy paints made for garage floors,if you have
any
> cracks in your concrete floor fill those in first,also do a very
good
> sweep or use a leaf blower to get all the crap off the floor,and
give
> the floor a very good washing and then let it fully dry before you
> lay down the plastic or the tarp(use the more heavy Duty green poly
> tarp,if you will be using a tarp,once that is done,you can lay down
> the carpet,now give the carpet a good cleaning with the vacuum
> cleaner,now the important part...you must lay down plastic(Use
clear
> plastic,so that you can see the carpet) or tarp over at least the
> areas where something might possibly leak from the car,now tuck the
> excess tarp or plastic under the original plastic or tarp,now you
are
> all set to drive you Delorean onto the carpet.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker@> wrote:
> >
> > A few years ago we replaced the carpet in our dining room.  I put
it
> > in the garage stall that houses our DeLorean.  Does it do any
> good?  I
> > really don't know, but I know that it puts the other two cars in
the
> > garage in their place!!!
> >
> > Dick Ryan
> > VIN 16867
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit@>
wrote:

> > >   Does a carpetted garage have ANY benefit? To the tires maybe?
> > Seems to me potentially dangerous if you run the engine in the
> winter.
> > >
> > >   Thoughts?
> > >   Parts Pit Mike
> > >   VIN 17076