Re: [DML] seatbelt buzzer?

The buzzer you are refering to is the buzzer logic box
and it serves a dual purpose.  One, as you know, is to
remind you to fasten your seat belt.  The second is to
remind you that your keys are in the ignition, if the
door is open.  This is the function second switch on
the drivers door.

There are six wires that go the the buzzer logic box,
all attached into one connector.  Purple is your hot
12 volt lead, purple/pink goes to the door switch,
purple/black goes to the seat belt switch,
yellow/purple goes to the seat belt light, black is
ground, and white/red goes to the ignition switch.

To test for proper operation, first put your key in
the ignition and see if the buzzer works.  If it does,
close the door and the buzzer should stop.  This will
test the door switch circuit.  Then, with you seat
belt unfastened, start the car.  The buzzer should
sound for 8 seconds and then go off due to the time
delay circuit built into the logic box.  If this
checks out, stop the car, fasten your seatbelt and
start it again.  You should not get either the buzzer
or the seatbelt light if it is working correctly.

As for the high frequency hum you are hearing, it
could be your disconnected wires at the door switch
are making contact with ground as you drive causing it
to activate the buzzer or it might be the
yellow/purple or the white/red wire is contacting
ground due to rubbing through the insulation
somewhere.

Once you run the tests above let us know what you get
and we can go from there.

Mike   TPS    1630

--- Soma576@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Has anyone else had a problem where their seatbelt
> buzzer (I think that's
> what is doing this) seems to get a very weak
> connection somehow and it sounds
> like a mosquito in the cabin while driving?
> Sometimes it will do this even
> after I have shut the engine off and taken the key
> out.  My seatbelt buzzer
> buzzes normally when I start the car and stops after
> about 2 seconds, but lately
> it has been buzzing at a very high frequency at
> random times.  Clearly  there
> is a ground loop or something happening.  I would
> not be opposed to  just
> removing the buzzer but if anyone has fixed this
> before, maybe I can fix it
> right.  My seatbelt buzzer has always been a mystery
> to me because I have  the 2nd
> door switch (next to the door light switch on the
> driver side)  disconnected.
>  Or is that something else?  I don't know it
> functions  if this switch is
> disconnected.
>
> Thanks -
>
> Andy