Re: [DML] Delorean wont start

The new stereo is probably the culprit. I had mine put in by a professional shop and had about the same thing happen. In doing it they had loosened the wires on the ignition switch. One fell off and she wouldn't run. They heard from me!

Paul <willinot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Ok. Im just gonna list what happened and if anyone can give me
another pointer as to what is wrong Im all open. I am meant to be
driving to Dublin on Wednesday and it is not looking promissing now.

1. Parked car up on Wednesday after a half hour drive with no problem.
2. Tried to start the engine on Saturday morning (usually not a
problem after a few days) and engine would not fire up.
3. After coaxing I managed to get it started and it sounded off a
cylinder. I put it dow to dampness having been raining and with the
car being kept outside.
4. Took the Delorean a drive around the block and engine was
spluttering a bit.
5. Parked up in the driveway again in preperation for Air con being
recharged.
6. Started car agin approx 15mins later to move was running for about
5mins and with no major problems but still seemed a bit lumpy)
7. Parked up, stoped engine and got the Air Con recharged.
8. Started car to check Air Con and everything working fine. Car was
running for about 10-15mins with air con going through cycles.
9 Stoped car.
10. Tried to start car again after about 5mins and she started but
died of again quickily. I thought it was because the Air Con was
still on and was putting the battery under strain so switched it off.
11. Tried to start again nothing. Just turning over and not firing.
Every so often will try to fire and start but just dies again. Once
in a while she starts up but sounds like its on one cylinder. VERY
Lumpy and cut out again. Robert was here and said that when the
engine cut out there was a puf of smoke from the air intake got the
filter off)
12. Ive checked spark plugs and spark is there. Ive checked fuel
pump and it is working. Changed fuel filter. Fuel getting to the
metering head but it does not seem to be comming out of it again to
feed the injectors.

My concern is that even when I squirt a bit of easystart into the
plugs and try to start there is still not attempt to fire.

Ive also checked the fuel relays after speaking to Alistair. When I
switch the ignition on both relays switch and then when I try to
start one opens but I have tried holding this down to but no
difference.

Im now thinking possible contaminated fuel or does it sound like
something else.

The only work I have had done on the car recently since the water
pump was a new stereo fitted and an automatic garage door opener
fitted. Both fitted by professionals.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys.

Paul J
Belfast