Re: [DML] Painted VS Stainless

Marc,

On 6/23/07, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Based on the breakdown, I'd say the daily drivers are
>  more desirable.

I agree with this and it's part of the reason I've dumped so much
money into my DeLorean. Virtually everything has been replaced or
upgraded to provide reliable service as a daily driver. I have no fear
of jumping in and driving cross country on a whim. Sure, I still have
the occasional problem - it's a 26 year old sports car, what do you
expect? But the car has never left me stranded in 3 years of daily
driving (well, there was one time, but that was my fault so it doesn't
count - I was being lazy about replacing the original coolant lines
right after I bought the car and one sprung a leak around town. I
replaced 'em all the next day.)

>From my perspective, more and more people are getting into DeLoreans
as daily drivers. I don't see a lot of "keep it all original" type car
collecting going on with younger people these days; they want to enjoy
their toys on a regular basis and want them modified to make this
possible. In fact, based on my conversations with the general public
about the car, virtually everyone says they would only own one if it
had a lot more power in back. They love everything about the car
except that 2.8.

I believe the current "modified is worth less" model will shift over
the next few years. Cars that can be driven reliably and have had all
the old, outdated systems upgraded are going to become worth quite a
bit more.

Dale is spot on with this: "When I talk to my son about 80s Deloreans,
or old 60s Mustangs he basically tells me that his generation will be
only be interested in the modified, or street rodded versions with
custom interiors, paint jobs, and sound systems."

These are the cars that will have the most value in the future.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: