[DML] Re: speedometer

hi Andy,

Behind the left front wheel is the connection for the cable (angle
drive). Disconnect the cable there and have someone look at the
speedometer while you turn the inner cable. Movement of the needle
means cable okay. No movement? Disconnect the upper cable at the white
box under the dash and check again.
Usually when not properly greased/oiled the angle drive is the cause of
no speedometer functioning. However it also could be the yellowish cap
at the outer centre of the left front wheel that moves the connection
to the angle drive.
Anyway, it's always a good idea to regularly lubricate angle drive and
cables (thick engine oil or grease). That keeps them going for a long
time (mine has not been replaced up to now).

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "andy" <andyblackmon@...> wrote:

> Tonight my speedometer quit working. I suspect either the angle drive
> or lower cable. Is there a way to test to see which one? Or am I
better
> off just to go ahead and replace them both. I know of course it could
> be upper cable or even the speedometer it self. I am looking for
advise
> here.
> Thanks, Andy Blackmon 03513

<*> Your email settings: