Re: [DML] 180A Altenator.

Old thread, but shortly after Ryan posted this I realized that some of
the odd electrical problems I was having were due to a defect in the
180A alternator.  It was still under warranty, so I sent it back and
they verified it was no good..

Earlier this year, they sent it back, still broken.

I sent it back to them, but needed to get the car running so I put
another Motorola in there..  All of the problems went away.

After some discussion, the vendor agreed to give me a refund... But I
never got it!!  I just called today (2 months later) and asked what
happened to the refund.  "I changed my mind" was the response I got!!

So, I have no Alternator and the vendor has my $190.

Anyone in Dallas want to pay them a visit for me?  ;)

The 180A alternator mod is probably a good one..  I just think that all
of us who tried it were using the same crappy vendor from EBAY.

> Turns out I didn't have electrical problems - although tightening the
> grounds did make a very slight difference in power transmission - just
> a flaky alternator.
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional