[DML] Re: AC compressor rework

Your system is probably low on oil since you say the discharge hose
has been spliced. Also since you are draining the compressor and
replacing the accumulator (and since that is where most of the oil
winds up, in those 2 places) You should have most of the oil out of
it. If the insides look all corroded then you should flush the coils,
compressor, and hoses. Get out your Workshop Manual, make the tool to
measure the oil level (you can find out how over at the Sanden
website) and refill with fresh oil. If you want you can probably get
away with an ounce or 2 less than a factory fill but a slight overfill
won't hurt either. When you drain out the old stuff from the
compressor you will have a better idea what to do when you see the
quantity and the color.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@...> wrote:

> Ahh yes - I did mean a stock orifice tube, not expansion or VOV.
>

> I am also taking your advice on the compressor,  it ain't broke so...
> Thanks for the kick to the forehead there.
>

> I do have the tools (not the compressor ones, but that is moot)
> including a proper vacuum pump, manifold, gauges, etc.
>

> I've purchased a small stash of R12 (I have the IMACA license) and will
> attempt to "donate' the Freeze12 properly when I initially evacuate the
> system, but I know it has a blend of old R12 and freeze12 in there right
> now so I'm not optimistic that I'll find any takers there, no one wants
> cross contaminated gasses.  I'll likely get an old spare tank, vacuum it
> down and pump the gas into it and save it till the next hazardous waste
> turn in day.
>

> My intention for flushing was dual fold though,  certainly there may be
> contamination, but also I have no real idea how much oil is really in
> the system today,  much less how much more I will need to add when I
> replace one hose, a hub and the accumulator,  so I thought I'd punt -
> flush and refill.  What's your advice there?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)