[DML] Re: Congratulations to Millennium Concours winners

[DML] Re: Congratulations to Millennium Concours winners

Congratulations are definitely in order for all 3 competitors!
     Sandor and Jim really worked hard to bring what appeared to be a
pretty dirty car up to Bronze Certification.  I was very impressed at
how hard they worked and how clean the car was given their preparation
timeframe.  They should both be very proud of the amount and quality
of work they did on VIN 20104.  It was kind of fun to judge the "last
DeLorean."
     For Mike to achieve the Silver Certification is truly
outstanding.  I concur with Knut in that he put in a tremendous effort
in preparing his car for competition.  With lessons learned if Mike
were to compete in the Millennium Concours next year I would not at
all be surprised to see him achieve Stainless Certification.
     Ken Koncelik....where do we start?  It was truly a pleasure to
judge your car.  I've never seen an engine compartment in such
pristine condition.  People who do not know you would never believe
how many miles you have on your car nor would they believe you when
you told them that it was not a trailer queen.  You definitely earned
your Stainless Certification this year with just an outstanding
showing.  I still think that you were missing some undercoating,
though....
     I'd also like to thank Knut and all the judges, assistants, and
scorekeepers for this year's Millennium Concours as well as all the
participating and contributing vendors.  Everyone did a tremendous job
with the new system of judging and scoring.  The event ran very smooth
and I was honored to have been a part of it.

See you in Gettysburg!

Matt Olans
VIN 16816

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud@...> wrote:

> The DMC Open House was great fun and it was great to catch up with
> so many friends in the community.
>
> We held a concours competition at the event and had a another lineup
> of great cars to inspect. As an added bonus, we had the luxury of
> judging the cars indoors in the hotel this time (at the last open
> house we were outside under the awning at DMC with some record heat
> and the judges kept dripping sweat ont he cars). I think the
> undercarriage judges especially appreciated the carpeted conditions.

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: