RE: [DML] Re: Seeking sell suggestions

This post is to offer another view of the opinion John Hervey expressed regarding cars refurbished by DMC Texas. I sent a car to them for restoration and learned that it needed major frame work. This was not a surprise to me since I had sent pictures to them as well as another DMC repair shop with a strong reputation. The pictures were mainly of the undercarriage with the car on a lift. I could see prior collision damage that had been repaired by the prior owner. Once DMC evaluated the car ,they advised me to let them locate another car in better shape for restoration. They offered to take my old car in on trade. Counting the $1,000 it cost to ship the old car to Texas I ended loosing $500 on the trade allowance they offered me. I had owned the car two years so ownership cost me $250 per year. Actually the body on the old car looked pretty good and I had redone the headliners and recovered the seats with new leather. The car they chose to restore had only 3150 miles on the
 odometer. In six years of ownership the refurbished car has been pretty much  trouble free. On the way home from Texas the speedometer quit working and I called Warren when I reached home. He sent me a new dust cap, told me how to install it and I had it replaced in 15 minutes. No problems with the speedometer since. They also had to send me a new metal gas return line that wraps around the fuel pump, which eliminated a smell of gas in the trunk. In six years of ownership and 12,000 miles, that has been the extent of my repairs. I do change the oil every 3,000 miles and I have bought some accessories for the car(windshield sunscreen, front bra, car cover). Personally if I were in the market for another DeLorean I would seek out one refurbished or remanufactured by DMC Texas. Please don't take this as criticism of John's observation. I believe he adds a lot to our community and also provides some very desirable upgrades for our cars( two piece AC hoses, fans, radiators,
 fuel pump reconfiguration and on and on). In addition, John always seems to go the extra mile to help folks on our list find solutions to problems.I just wanted to let all know my positive experience with a refurbished car.  DMC Texas also offers numerous upgrades and improvements for our cars one of which I ordered on mine, the improved headlights that I highly recommend. I feel fortunate to have owned a DeLorean with "potential" and also my refurbished car. I makes me truly appreciate VIN 10921. Rod Dillman

John Hervey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Christopher,
Sorry to see you have to sell your DeLorean. Wow, $39,00.00. If I were you I
would list it with it with some of the higher priced exotic car companies
That deal in that price car. I also wouldn't mention that it was refurbished
by DMC Texas. As an independent parts vendor I have had to many calls from
people that bought these cars only to find out that they are loaded with all
the old NOS parts that others don't want to buy. So, if I were you I
wouldn't tell that to the exotic car sellers. You might also want to mark it
up a little more due to their commission. The last one I helped a person
with we think the dealer got around $10,000 commission.
Just and FYI
John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com
www.specialtauto.com