[DML] Re: Strange blower fan issue

Unless there were modifications to the wiring or the Mode switch my
guesses are either you somehow mixed up the wires connecting to the
Mode switch or there is an internal problem with the Mode switch. A
quick way to check would be to substitute a known, good, Mode switch.
The fan switch gets it's power from the Mode switch. A remote
possability is a bad diode. Depending on how they fail they can cause
weird, hard to diagnose failure modes. Easy to check, hard to
diagnose. Max causes the air to recirculate and the heater valve to
close, it is electrically the same as NORM and Bi-Level. Refer to
N:08:15 middle chart. In the meantime just don't use MAX.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "M. P. Olans" <mpolans@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>      I did some radio replacements this weekend in AZ.  Good to have a
> portable A/C unit to take with me to cool those 106 degree garages!
> Anyway, on one of the cars, after everything was put back together, we
> had a strange malfunction:
>
> When we put the mode switch on MAX A/C, the A/C compressor kicks on
> and so do the cooling fans, but the blower fan will not engage.  When
> the mode switch is rotated to any other position except off and MAX
> A/C, the blower fan operates normally.  We just cannot get it to come
> on in MAX A/C mode.  We toke it all back apart and checked and
> reseated all connections, but nothing we did seems to work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Olans
> VIN 16816