Re: [DML] Hot start problem

Swapping the plugs confirms a "Hot Start" problem caused by the fuel
system. It does NOT confirm  a bad accumulator. The hot start
condition could be caused by a bad check valve on the fuel pump, a
leaking Primary Pressure Regulator, or most likely (if it has not been
replaced) the accumulator. Jumpering the RPM relay only confirms a bad
RPM relay. This list has seen what appeared to be a hot start problem
and turned out to be a bad impulse coil or the connections of the
wiring to it. Swapping the plugs will at least confirm if it is a fuel
system problem or an ignition system problem. I believe (John can
confirm) when he ships an accumulator he includes the "O" rings for
the PPR, I am not sure about the check valve. Not a bad idea but I
would not change them first, I would replace the accumulator and if
the problem goes away you don't need to touch the PPR. Possability of
changing the setting and dropping some tiny parts.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> Dave,
> Jumper the Relay if you think you have a bad pulse coil or bad RPM
relay. If
> you have a Hot start problem you would confirm by swapping the
electrical
> plug on the cold start valve with the Warm up regulator.
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com
> www.deloreanautoparts.com

Behalf Of
> doctorDHD@...
> Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:24 PM
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Hot start problem
>
> How long should it take after jumping thr RPM relay to get the engine
> strarted when experiening the "Hot Start Problem".
>
> Thanks
>  Dave Delman

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional