[DML] Re: REDUCED PRICE: 1983 DeLorean $15,000 OBO

[DML] Re: REDUCED PRICE: 1983 DeLorean $15,000 OBO

Thanks for the tips Andy. When I listed the ad I didn't have more
pictures and it wouldn't let me revise so I added links to them in
the end when I was able to take them. Here they are.

http://www.practiceboard.com/?6049158
http://www.practiceboard.com/?6049200
http://www.practiceboard.com/?6049220
http://www.practiceboard.com/?6049236
http://www.practiceboard.com/?6049258

I really don't know a lot about the car, just what the owner told me
and what I've seen three or four times. He doesn't have a computer so
he asked me to post the ads and forward potential buyers to him.
Anyone who e-mails, I've been giving them his phone number so they
can get all the details from him as he's owned the car for a long
time, did all the work and knows everything about it.

Sorry that it makes it sound like I'm not being truthful with the
condition as you implied, it's just that I don't know much about cars
so am just relaying what I've been told. I can assure you that this
guy is very honest and wouldn't even let me put it on eBay because he
doesn't want people to not read all the stuff that's wrong with it
and be disappointed. He's had me post even the most minor details
which makes it sound a lot worse than it is I'm sure. I could have
done what I've seen on most other DeLorean ads and just say the year,
miles and it's in "good condition with a few minor problems" but we
don't want anyone coming all the way to see it and not know about
every detail ahead of time. That's probably not the best way to get
it sold but we're not out to deceive anyone.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Courtney

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> Hi Courtney (?),
>
> I looked at your ad online.  In my opinion, $15,000 is quite high
for  a D
> that has 137K miles, and doesn't have functioning A/C, radio,
cooling fans,
> blower motor, and other misc items as described in the article.  It
is  odd that
> the seller claims to have all new brake system, yet the parking
brake  doesn't
> work.
>
> Additionally, the (3) pictures are very poor and blurry.
>
> I would suggest first taking about 25 highly detailed pictures
including  all
> body surfaces, under carriage (remove the wheels too), front frame
> extension, under side of engine, and interior.
>
> I will tell you right now that no one in their right mind will buy
that car
> online unless they can see some REAL pictures first.
>
> Just some advice,
>
> Andy
>
> Fargo, ND
> 1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596