[DML] Re: New Automatic Transmission Computer

[DML] Re: New Automatic Transmission Computer

Hey Steve!

  Saw your post on the DML and wanted to ask how much will your new computer cost?

  I'm very interested as we all know how poor the original unit is.

  All of the features you're incorporating into the new computer will make the tranny more modern, with the exception of it being a three speed compared to today's four, five and six-speed autos.

  I look forward to hearing back from you!

  Rob Greenhaw
  VIN 00791

Steve <p2freak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Group,

Last December, I asked for your opinion on what you would like to see
in a brand spanking new automatic transmission computer. I am pleased
to say progress has been good and the prototype computer is being
tried out on a test bench.

If you are seriously wanting a new computer for your automatic
transmission, send me an e-mail with your name and the features you
want. Initial plan is to make 5 units.

Here are the basic features:
1. Microchip embedded processor
2. Digital signal processing
3. New printed circuit board, not rebuilt
4. Redundant / fault tolerant hardware / software design. Computer
can be completely destroyed and you can still drive home in low gear.
5. Shift points are similar to the original computer
6.Easy install. No more than four solder points to make. Looks
completely stock except for some extra wires.
7.Easy upgrade to new or extra features; it's a simple plug in for new
hardware. The computer is upgradeable.

Here are the optional features:
1.User settable shift points. Shift points are retained in
non-volatile memory. Your settings are retained even if battery is
removed.
2.Shift points are easy to set. Only requires a box with three push
buttons to program.
3.LED read out on which gear you're in.

Optional features to be incorporated in the future:
1."Pedal" shifter mounted on steering column. Full time manual gear
shift over ride. Think fly-by-wire.

Steve
VIN#04421

  .