Re: [DML] Do perfect strangers strike up conversations about your car?

"Where is the Flux Capacitor" You might as well get used to it and embrace it. It is that attention magnet that makes our cars so appealing. I bet many of the owners here started out the same way, walking up to a Delorean and falling in love. I have learned to leave a little extra time if I have to stop for gas or use the car to run an errand. I always try and promote how great a car it is and dispel the many myths and rumors surrounding the car and John. If you start considering this extra attention "trouble" you may have purchased the wrong car. I have parked my car next to a Ferrari and had people walk away from it to come look at my car. I think part of the reason I bought the car is for the attention. What other car in a Deloreans price range can you purchase that is just as at home next to a Ferrari as it is parked at Wal-Mart.

Steve

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: daviddlasvegas
  To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:36 PM
  Subject: [DML] Do perfect strangers strike up conversations about your car?

  Has anyone here had the same 'trouble' as me while driving their
  car... people come up to you at gas stations, parking lots, etc. and
  spend 15 mins of your time chatting up a storm about your DMC? What's
  it made of, how old is it, can my kids sit in it, where did you get it
  yada yada yada. I can't go anywhere without getting held up!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)