[DML] Re: Left directional woes

Thanks everyone for weighing in on this.  I did switch the left
circuit board to the right and the problem occured on the right so
it does seem to be the board that's the problem.  Oddly enough, when
I reinstalled the board on the left, the directional worked again.
Great, but it's only a matter of time before it goes again. Fuse is
fine - I swapped in a new one just to be sure.

When it does, I'll try sanding it down a bit.  I'm not near the
ocean and both the bulb and board are pretty new.   I think a board
from our friends at Grady is ultimately the way I'll end up going.
Again, thanks to all.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jan van de Wouw" <janvdwouw@...>
wrote:

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Slupski" <slupa@> wrote:
> > I cannot seem to find a way to get my left rear directional bulb
> > stay in the socket.  I'm now on my third citcuit board (a "new
one"
> > from DMC). It works fine for a time but after a while I get the
fast
> > blink again.  The bulb is fine and I don't really want to get
another
> > circuit board.  I have tried pushing the connector on the board
up and
> > down with a pencil eraser and I have tried squeezing the clamps
around
> > the bulb a bit but performance is still intermittent.  Any
thoughts?

> Are you sure it's thesocket that's the problem?
>
> If you've allready replaced the boards twice I'd be inclined
> to suspect the contacts in the plug on the edge of the board.
>
> Did you try swapping the boards between the left and right
taillamp?
> They're basically the same, just positioned "upsidedown" between
the
> two sides, so even the function / orientation of the bulbs is the
same.

> If the problem moves to the right you know the problem is in the
board,
> if it doesn't you have to check the plug and/or wiring to the
lights.

> Good luck,
>
> JAN van de Wouw
> The Netherlands