RE: [DML] Re: Dash restoration

David I followed your advice and used the Plastikote #408. The color is a little different as you said but overall the results were outstanding.
Thanks for your advice.John Crysler

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:20:36 +0000Subject: [DML] Re: Dash restoration

I have been able to redye the interior vinyl parts with Plasticote#408 Charcoal Grey. It is available in my local area in Pep Boys. 2cans will do the whole interior. You must remove the parts and getthem very clean before spraying. One hint, put it on very dry and verythin. Many light coats will work much better than laying it on heavyin 1 or 2 coats. Hold the can 18 inches from the work so it goes onvery dry. Wipe the parts with alcohol before spraying. There can be NOwax, dirt, or Armour-All (or anything else that could containsilicone) on the surface before spraying. You will find that you willbe doing all of the interior parts because the dash will look so niceand bright that you will want the rest of the interior to match.David Teitelbaumvin 10757--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "crysler_john" <drcrysler@...> wrote:>> I have a sun damaged dash pannel (the large flat pannel under the > windshield). Has anyone experience in refinishing (paint or recovering)> these. Does anyone have an old one for sale (this would allow me to > experiment without taking the dash out of my car). Thnaks>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)