From: Tom Watkins <outatime81@xxxxxxxxx>
To: DMC News <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Coolant Level - Winter Seepage
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 05:14:44 -0700 (PDT)

If you have a stainless steel bottle like I do, how do you know the best
level for coolant?  Do I check it when its cold?  Where should it be?

   Also, for refilling, is it ok to use the Prestone 50/50 pre-diluted mix?
I think there is another knock off brand as well.

   Also, is it unusual for a car stored for the winter in VERY cold temps to
have some coolant leakage.  During the spring, summer and fall I have no
leaks at all.  It's only when the car is stored do I see a signs of seepage.
  I start the car every few weeks and let it run for an hour or so.  I get
the tiny quarter sized puddles during this time.   I think it may be the
exteme cold shrinks the rubber and there is not as tight a seal but when
milder temps come it re-seals as it expands.  Does that sound plausible???

   Thanks

   Tom Watkins
   #05732

Find me on Google Earth
44°06'52.72"N 70°35'39.90"W

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Download Messenger. Join the i?m Initiative. Help make a difference today.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)