[DML] Re: Battery?

Hey VB,

Just a heads up I have had some fun experiences recently with the
Optima Red Top batteries. Pretty much if you don't drive your car daily
and have an alarm you want to avoid these at all costs. As I drive my
car every other week or longer and keep the alarm engaged, the battery
would be dead every time I went to start it. I talked to Optima and
they said due to the design, the Red Tops are not to be used when there
is a drain on the car and no alternator to charge the battery. It
should be for starting only.

If you are using this on your BTTF car I would assume you have it
powered on at shows. You may want to look into trading it in for a
Yellow Top which are designed for deep discharges. That is what I had
to do, and 6 months later the battery still runs as strong as day one.

-Derek #10084
www.deloreanreborn.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Moseley" <videobob@...> wrote:

> I just replaced my BOSCH battery with one of those Optima "Red Top"
> batteries form Sam's Club.
> Fit just fine and seems to work just fine.
> Really, anything that will fit in the hole will work.
> The bigger the better!
>
> Being that my car is a BTTF car, I plan to add another one of these
> batteries with an isolator to run all the electronics.
> - Videobob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: