[DML] Oil Filters, again!

a few weeks back we had a discussion on filters
because the Purflux LS-410C is no longer being
imported to the United States.

After some research, I decided I would just go with
the Bosch that the vendors were selling.  It has the
bypass and anti-drain back, which the Purfulx does
not..  I think that is an advantage.

Because I "settled", I tossed all of my notes and
research.

Today, I went to change the oil in 01860 and find the
Bosch does not fit!  It is too long for the Legend
Engine, because the oil drain tube from the turbo
interferes with the filter.

As most of us know, the standard "Volvo"
cross-reference is too wide and will hit the oil
sender.  It is a bit more complex for me because that
is also where the oil feed for the turbo's are!

I don't have a lot of wiggle room on the oil filter
dimensions.

Does anyone know of a filter that is a better match
for the LS-410C?

Thanks.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

<*> Your email settings: