From: Jack Stiefel <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:22:59 AM
Subject: RE: [DML] DCS 2010

Lloyd remember DCS was founded because the DOA ignored us out here in
the East by never having shows or activities out here.

Oh how the tide has turned.

I keep seeing St. Louis mentioned, but I don't know why? I have heard
some little things to see while there, but compared to past shows, it
seems pretty lacking. I mean Cincy was first and easier for Ken,
Cleveland had the Rock Hall of Fame, Memphis had Graceland, Pigeon Forge
had Dollywood and the whole Gatlinburg area, and Gettysburg has a huge
historical attraction. Chicago is a nice city, but nothing was pulling
me there besides a weekend show, same with St. Louis - just a big ass
arch.

Now don't get me wrong, Chicago and St. Louis are great cities, but as I
am looking out to where I want to visit it is a wash, any large city in
the country will have those basic amenities for a weekend show such as
zoos, museums, parks, golf, etc. Heck why not here in Tampa then? Why
not Philly for the history, Charlotte for Carowinds, or Daytona for the
speedway and beaches, Atlanta, NYC, heck even in Marcs backyard in NJ
would be just as good. If cost is the issue which I know it is, some of
my suggestions (NYC) are out of the question, but the rest are all good
places with a draw for married couples and families besides the show.

That's why I voted for Orlando, not just because it is an hour from me.
It is a bit of a drive for some, but the attractions alone I believe
will bring many more down here than to say Chicago. I know for me if I
still lived in New York and a road trip would pop up, I would choose the
nice June drive down the coast to the world of Palm trees and sunshine
in my D before driving west to any number of mid west states.

Again this is not a bash on any city, just there are certain places in
this country that draw people.

Jack Stiefel

Stiefel Aluminum

DMC Vin 03461 & 16879