[DML] BTTF Ride - (was Future DCS Locations)

[DML] BTTF Ride - (was Future DCS Locations)

I had the pleasure of helping plan and make the Omnimax Ride film for
BTTF-The Ride years ago, and then going on to help build and open The
Ride in both Florida and California.  I currently drive the Delorean
that was (nearly) raffled off for the Hollywood Grand Opening. (Long
story, but it was the $100k+ Delorean that Universal literally could not
give away.)

BTTF in Orlando was closed so that it could be re-themed into a new ride
with the same basic technology.  Doc and the Delorean's were to be gone.
There have been rumors of some back-peddling on that one, and some
conversations about the ride reopening, even though some key theming
elements were misplaced or destroyed.

Once (If?) Florida is completed, The Ride here in LA would then be
converted over to the same new theme.  The BTTF Ride also opened just a
few years back at Universal Studios in Japan.  Last I heard there was
less rush to re-theme that installation as it was still pretty fresh.

I'm not sure whether an offer to bring DCS to Orlando by Ken would have
a major affect on Universals plans for the Building/Ride, but I'm sure
it couldn't hurt.  The summer of the show would mark the 20th
anniversary of the 24 fiberglass Deloreans being loaded into the
building. The first test rides for park employees were the following
January on the night Bush Sr. launched Desert Storm.  Grand Opening was
May of '91.

I'm hoping it will stay open here in LA long enough for my young son to
ride it before it is closed.

In a message dated 2/15/2007 4:26:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,