From: delornut
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:13 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Aligning Latch Pins

I noticed in one of the links mentioned below that a preliminary test
for a proper torsion bar adjusmnet is to allow the door to gently
close without a strut installed. If the torsion bar keeps the door
between 2 to 6 inches from the sill with no strut installed it's
about right. My doors drop all the way to the sill with no lifting
tension what so ever from the torsion bars when no strut is
installed. When I installed new struts from one of the vendors the
doors rocketed up too hard. I tried struts from another vendor with
the same result. I haven't had to change the T bar adjustment for new
struts in years so I'm wondering if the current crop of struts have
more pressure than those of past years or if the above test might not
be a very accurate indication of the torsion bar adjustment setting.
Has anyone else experianced something similar with the current crop
of struts being offered?

Bruce Benson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional