Re: [DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (th

Re: [DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the Engine)"

My thoughts exactly!

There are a lot of Delorean Purists out there and a lot of us that do
mods, we cant all please each other all the time.

Mark V

> Well. The world doesn't revolve around dollar signs for everyone, you
> know. I bought a delorean because I wanted one. Not for how much I
> could resell it for. If your worried about resale value, drain all
> it's fluids and seal it in a carcoon until you feel ready to make a
> buck or two if the value of them increases. Me I bought mine to drive.
> And more power translates to a better driving experience to me. You
> say doing modifications makes the car worthless. I have to disagree.
> I'd actually pay more for one with a tastefully done, well thought out
> engine swap than I would for a stock one. However, the devil is in the
> details. If the mods are crap, and half assed done, then yes. I could
> agree with you then that it would devalue the car.
>
> Oh, and FYI. Should I ever choose to part with my D, which I have no
> plans on ever doing. I still have the stock motor, and it will go with
> the car if I ever do sell it. Modifications aren't allways permanent
> you know.
>
> Chris
> VIN #3209
> http://badger.brazi.net/index.pl/delorean