[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the E

[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the Engine)"

What it all boils down to, is it's your car. You can do whatever you
want, both to and with it, as long as it makes you happy. IMHO if your
worried about what people think more than what you would really like
to do yourself, then your owning the car for entirely the wrong
reasons. If you love the car stock, then leave it stock. Though by the
fact your inquiring about an engine swap in the first place, my guess
is your not.

And don't let everyone talk you out of it if you are interested in
doing it but saying you'll lose all support from the delorean
community. For one thing. There is plenty to go wrong on the delorean
OTHER THAN the engine, that can go wrong wether you do a swap or not,
and the community in general can still help with these problems. And
if you go with a 3.0L PRV swap, this has been done enough times with
enough owners that you most likly wouldn't have difficulties finding
help with this type of setup either. I myself am in the middle of such
a swap to be honest. Now if you go for more 'exotic' swaps, then you
might have troubles finding someone to get help from, though so far I
think pretty much every engine type other than gas turbines, and big
block motors have been grafted into deloreans so far, so if it's a
popular engine, you can probably find one in someone's delorean
somewhere on the planet.

Chris
VIN #3209

<*> Your email settings: