[DML] Re: selling a D overseas

As fair as it may seem to you, the seller, it is very dangerous for
the buyer. At the same time you will have the buyer's money, the car
AND the title. Would YOU buy a car under those circumstances? I think
not. Especially in a different country! Imagine what the buyer will
have to do if you, the seller, was dishonest and kept the money and
sold the car to someone else. At the very least you should offer to
give the title to the buyer upon reciept of the check. You can always
apply for a lost title if the check turns out to be bad. I point this
stuff out only because it is very difficult to conduct a sale by
"remote control". One way to overcome these problems is to use a
trusted 3rd party. Put yourself in the other's person's shoes and
decide if what you ask is reasonable.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright@...> wrote:

> On 1/29/07, tuxr <tuxdarby@...> wrote:
> >
> > My credentials are 20 years in banking, partly dealing specifically
> >  with this issue.  I am not "assuming" anything.  Just because it
> >  doesn't seem right doesn't mean it's not true.  P.S.:  Ryan, I'd
> >  like to buy your Delorean, I'll wire you the money, or send a
> >  cashiers check if you prefer.
>
> I'll accept the check. You don't take delivery until it actually
> clears. By clear, I mean your bank accepts the check, processes it,
> and transfers the funds to my bank. :)
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional