[DML] Re: selling a D overseas

NO NO NO!!!  This response is entirely incorrect.  For example, even
though a cashiers check clears after a week, and the funds are
supposedly good, it can take WEEKS for a fake cashiers check to make
its way though the system and come back to the bank as a fake (fake
cashiers checks take longer to come back than a regular bad check).
And if it's an international cashiers check it can take EVEN
LONGER!!!  And the bank is entirely within the law to take the money
out of your account at that time, and if you had already taken it
out and you don't have it, it creates an overdraft THAT YOU ARE
RESPONSIBLE FOR!!!  And the bank will come after you for the money,
they weren't the ones that were scammed, you were.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright@...>
wrote:

> On 1/24/07, tuxr <tuxdarby@...> wrote:
> >
> >  A wire transfer can be pulled back by the bank.  Just like your
> >  direct deposit paycheck, or anything that goes electronically
into
> >  your account, if there was a problem, it can be pulled back.
If you
> >  happen to grab the money out before that happens, then great.
But
> >  can happen.  And you never know what the laws are in the country
> >  sending the wire, they might be even more lenient than here.
> >

> The real key is to do everything slowly. There's nothing wrong
with a
> check of any sort, so long as you hold the car until the funds
clear.
> Same thing for a wire transfer, or a money order, or any other
payment
> service. Just don't get caught up in any sort of "I need this right
> away" deal. If you're buying a $30,000 automobile, you can wait an
> extra week for the funds to clear. If not, I'll sell it to someone
> else.

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional