Re: [DML] "Fastest" DeLoreans (WAS: Don Steger's cams)

Re: [DML] "Fastest" DeLoreans (WAS: Don Steger's cams)

There was a guy on the east coast that was running a PRV with forged pistons, twin turbos, nitros, and a bunch of other stuff. According to Eleanors mechanic, and friend, turning the 1/4 in the 9's. I doubt that there is another.

Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:          You have me a bit confused.. Your DMC has a PRV
engine in it, and you think it is in the top 5 fastest
DeLoreans?

Maybe you are ignoring non-PRV powered DMC's? and
even Turbo/Super charged PRV's??

Even so, I don't see how you can make that claim.

Don still claims to be the home of "the world's
fastest DeLorean", with the Buck 3.8L engine. I
have no idea if I could beat that car, but would love
to put my VQ35 up against it. After the dyno we ran
in MD, I think Don may beat me... But would still
like to give it a go!

Still dreaming of a forced induction VQ35. :)

We need to do a DeLorean Drag Race event with all of
these modified cars.

Back to the point...

There are a number of highly modified DeLoreans in the
wild that move faster than any normally aspirated PRV
could even dream of no matter what intake, exhaust,
and cams you put on it.

Knowing just a small bit about what has been done to
these cars, I don't think I could even confidently put
my VQ35 DeLorean in the top 5!

--- supremeadmiralsenn <AdmiralSenn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> I don't know WHY I expect to do more to it. It's
> already probably
> among the faster D's out there (I'd say within the
> top 10, maybe top
> 5). But it's nice to dream.... that's what landed me
> the car in the
> first place!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Chris