Re: [DML] Re: Cold intake / rear fascia removal

Re: [DML] Re: Cold intake / rear fascia removal

Thanks folks, for the replies. I was trying to remove the entire fascia and
fiberglass support piece as one unit. So, reaching up from underneath was
not going to work.

Turns out all I had to do was put a little more effort into turning that
intake tube and it moved far enough out of the way I was able to get my hand
and a 10mm wrench into that pontoon through the intake hole. Got it off,
took care of what I needed to take care of and got it reinstalled. All is
now well. :)

Appreciate the advice from everyone,

-Ryan

On 12/20/06, kevin creason <ckevinj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the fascia, but if you are
> just
> going for paint you can separate the rubber fascia piece from the
> fiberglass
> support piece.
>
> I looked at the DMCH store drawings and the fiberglass piece isn't
> labeled.
>
> http://delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=97&PageCat=8%2DFrame+and+Body
> It looks like it should be #10, but 10 says it is a washer, so that
> fiberglass piece is unnamed.
>
> My car has this update. Both times I've tried to remove the rear fascia I
> was unable to get this sucker loose and took off the rubber unit solo. Be
> careful putting it back on, the first time I put a chip into the paint at
> the very upper right corner of the fascia, but that is now gone thanks to
> the nice new paint job on the fascias.
>
> -Kevin
>
> On 12/17/06, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx <ryanpwright%40gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > So, issue: I've been informed there aren't supposed to be any bolts
> > going into the pontoons. Sure enough, my workshop manual doesn't
> > mention them. Did some idiot add these?
> >
> [moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional