[DML] Re: A couple VIN list explanations

[DML] Re: A couple VIN list explanations

Hi James,

Thanks for pointing this out.

The location listed in the chonology is the last known location for
the car. For those cars that have seen recent updates from folks
sending in registrations, this is pretty straightforward. In some
cases, the last known information on the location of the car was the
city/state of the original buyer of the car from the dealer. Some of
that informaiton has been discovered in DMC archives, and that
historical location information is distinguished from more recent
submissions by indicating them in all caps.

The locations indicated in all caps are indeed an indication of the
location of the original buyer of the car from the dealer.

     Knut

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James" <james@...> wrote:

> Knut,
>
> Can you confirm that if the city/state are in ALL CAPS, that
indicated
> the city/state of the original purchaser and NOT necessarily where
the
> car is currently/recently located?
>
> Lower case city/state seem to be indicative of recent
> sightings/submissions, while the ALL CAPS entries appear to be from a
> historical reference.
>
> James

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional